Director, Waste Incineration Research Center and Associate Professor,
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering, King Mongkut’s University of Technology
North Bangkok, Thailand
Tel : 9312500 ext 8324,
Fax : 5870026,
E-mail : email@example.com
Somrat Kerdsuwan is a Director of the Waste Incineration Research Center and Associate Professor of Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand. His works deal with the research and development for the clean and green energy from waste and biomass by using advance Thermal Technology which includes pyrolysis, gasification, incineration as well as the relevant pollution abatement. He is an inventor, from laboratory scale to commercial scale. The outreach of his work can contribute into the real application and response to the real needed for sustainable development.
Prof. Somrat Kerdsuwan joined King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, a leader of Thai’s University of Technology, since 1994 as lecturer in the department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. He was one of the founders of the Waste Incineration Research Center (WIRC) which is the University’s research center from 1998. The research center was the only one waste thermal treatment research center of the country has the mission to provide fundamental and applied research, professional services and consultancy to industry and government in the areas of waste disposal through thermal means, as well as efficient and clean use of green energy.
From 1998, he was the leader for the project of research and development of medical waste incineration system that was sponsored by the Pollution Control Department (PCD). The innovation technology was the development of two chamber controlled-air incinerator with automatic feeding machine and wet scrubber system for air pollution control. The contribution of this work is the high efficiency of medical waste destruction with energy saving and produced no harmful emissions. More than 80% of the machine and equipment used the local contents that could reduce the cost of the system and lots of hospital used this design to build the onsite medical waste incinerator. He also the inventor to apply the concept of High Temperature Air Combustion (HTAC) to incinerate the garbage in HTAC incinerator for energy saving and pollution abatement, as well as the pioneer in applying the gasification technology to produce the distributed 1MW powerplant by using waste as feed stock. The design could be used to destroy the municipal waste effectively which was applied in many Cities in the country.
Professor & Dr. Masaki Takaoka
Department of Environment Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering,
Kyoto University, Japan, 615-8540
Tel & Fax : +81-75-383-3335 & +81-75-383-3338
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
2001 Department of Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University Awarded the degree of Doctor of Engineering for a thesis entitled “Removal of mercury in municipal solid waste incinerator flue gas using fly ash”
1991-1993 Department of Environmental & Sanitary Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University Awarded the degree of Master of Engineering
1987-1991 Department of Environmental & Sanitary Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University Awarded the degree of Bachelor of Engineering
Research and professional experiences:
- 2013 April 1 – present Professor, Department of Global Ecology, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto University
- 2011 Jan.16 – present Professor, Department of Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University
- 2004 June - 2004Dec. Visiting Professor, Man-Technology-Environment Research Center, Orebro University in Sweden
- 2003 April – 2011 Jan.15 Associate Professor, Department of Urban & Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University
- 2002 Feb. -2003 March Associate Professor, Department of Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University
- 1996 April– 2002 Jan. Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University
- 1993 April – 1996 March Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental & Sanitary Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
Membership of academic societies& experiences:
- International Water Association
- Managing Board Member in Sludge Management (2007-present)
- Scientific Programme Committee in Sludge Management Conference in Harbin (2009)
- Programme Committee in Sludgetech 2017, IWA Specialist Conference on Sludge Management in London(2016-present)
- Air & Waste Management Association
- Japan Sewage Works Association
- Editorial Board (2012-present)
- Chief Editor in Journal of Japan Sewage Works Association (2014-present)
- Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management
- Managing Board Member (2016-present)
- Editorial Boardin Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management(2006-Present)
- Editorial Board inJournal of the Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management(2006-2012, 2014-present)
- Assistant Editor in Journal of the Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management(2014-present)
- General Secretary in 20th Annual Conference (2008)
- Chairman in incineration research group (2011-present)
- Japan Society for Atmospheric Environment
- Japan Society of Civil Engineers
- Editorial Board in Environmental Engineering Division(2005-2007)
- Steering committeein Environmental EngineeringDivision (2005-2009)
- The Society of Environmental Instrumentation Control and Automation
- General Secretary (2008-2011)
- Vice President (2012-present)
- The Association of Environmental & Sanitary Engineering Research
- General Secretary (2009-2010)
- Councilor(2012or Analytical Chemistry
- The Su-present)
- President (2016-present)
- The Japan Society frface Analysis Society of Japan
- Japanese XAFS Society
- The Japan Society of Calorimetry and Thermal Analysis
- General Secretary & Organizing Committeein 4th International Conference on Combustion,Incineration/Pyrolysis and Emission Control(2006)
- Chairman& Organizing Committeein 9th International Conference on Combustion,Incineration/Pyrolysis and Emission Control(2016)
- International Advisory Committee in International Conference on Combustion,Incineration/Pyrolysis and Emission Control(2010-Present)
- The Resource Person under UNEP Global Mercury Partnership Waste Management Partnership Area
- Editorial Boardin Frontiers of Environmental Science & Engineering in China(2013-present)
- Solid waste treatment, disposal and management
- Characterization of solid waste
- Development of recycling technology
- Control of micro pollutants from thermal treatment processes
- Development of advanced sewage sludge treatment process & system
More than 170 articles.
Please access the following website.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
725-C, East Irving Park Road
Roselle, Illinois 60172, USA
E-mail : email@example.com
Dr. Jennifer Holmgren is the Chief Executive Officer of LanzaTech. Jennifer has over 20 years of experience in the energy sector including a proven track record in the development and commercialization of fuels and chemicals technologies. Prior to joining LanzaTech, she was Vice President and General Manager of the Renewable Energy and Chemicals business unit at UOP LLC, a Honeywell Company. In that role, she led UOP’s renewable business from its inception through to the achievement of significant revenues from the commercialization of multiple novel biofuels technologies.
Dr. Jennifer Holmgren holds a B.Sc. degree from Harvey Mudd College, a Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and an MBA from the University of Chicago. She currently serves on multiple external advisory boards. She is the author or co-author of 50 US patents, 20 scientific publications and is the 2003 recipient of the Council for Chemical Research’s (CCR) Malcolm E. Pruitt Award.
Shri V.K. Saraswat
Former Secretary Defence R&D
(National Institution for Transforming India)
Government of India
Shri Saraswat is the recipient of many national and international awards including :
Shri Vijay Kumar Saraswat, India's most gifted scientist and an accomplished researcher with more than four decades of experience spaning over several fields and areas in both basic and applied sciences of defence research. Apart from being a scientist, he is a rare combination of an innovator, technologist and visionary. Born at Gwalior on 25 May 1949, Shri Saraswat completed his engineering from Gwalior; Master of Engineering from IISc Bangalore followed by Ph.D from Osmania University.
During his illustrious career, from Scientist to Scientific Adviser to Defence Minister, Director to Director General DRDO and Secretary to Dept of Defence R&D, Shri Saraswat has been credited with development of Liquid Propulsion Rocket Engines and missiles namely PRITHVI, DHANUSH, PRAHAAR indigenously. He is the principal architect of the Ballistic Missile Defence programme which included major technology breakthroughs. The successive interceptions of incoming target ballistic missiles at Exo and Endo atmospheres are a testimony to his dedicated efforts and exploitation of limited technological resources. With this India joined the select nations that have the capability to develop BMD systems.
Shri Saraswat brought new dimensions to the strategic defence scenario through successful test firing of AGNI-5, SHOURYA, Initial Operational Clearance for Light Combat Aircraft TEJAS and induction of INS Arihant. Thus, today nation can boast of reaching any shores in the world with the nuclear capable missiles with different strike ranges. Under his leadership, DRDO provided the technologies developed by them for societal benefits namely Solar Powered Modular Green Shelters, Bio-Digesters, AAHAR programmes, explosive detection kit, Diagnostic Units for Dengu and Chickengunia etc.
Shri Saraswat's pioneering efforts have taken shape into establishment of Research & Innovation Centre at IIT Madras; MILIT- Centre for Training needs of armed forces on S&T ; CERT for reporting, auditing and handling emergency response of Information Security Incidents; CHESS - futuristic technology Centre for High Energy Laser and Microwave devices; Kyrgyz-Indian Mountain Bio-Medical Research Centre at Kyrgyzstan; The new international airport and Aerospace SEZ at Hyderabad and Advanced Combustion Research Centers at IISc and IIT(M).
Till recently, Shri Saraswat was DAE Homi Bhabha Chair and initiated development of technologies for Energy Security namely Bio-Mass, Solid Waste Management, Fuel Cells, Concentrated Solar Power, Multi Junction Photovoltaic Cells, Clean Coal Technologies etc., in the country at various Industrial and Academic Institutions in addition to bringing new dimensions to Aerospace Manufacturing.
- PADMABHUSHAN (2013)
- PADMASHRI (1998)
- Vikram Sarabhai Memorial Award from Indian Science Congress (2011)
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Ramakrishna-Vivekananda International Foundation, New Delhi
- Prof Jai Krishna Memorial Award by Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)
- Shri Y Nayudamma Memorial Gold Medal for the year 2011 by AP Science Congress
- Jawaharlal Nehru S&T Award (2009) by Govt of Madhya Pradesh
- FICCI Annual Award
- ARYABHATA Award (2011) from Astronautical Society of India
- National Aeronautical Prize (1998)
Shri Saraswat is Fellow / Member of following Professional Bodies:
- International Academy of Engg, Russia elected as Member of Academy and honored him as Academician (2007)
- Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering
- Fellow of Aeronautical Society of India & President of Aeronautical Society of India
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Fellow of Astronautical Society of India
- Fellow of Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers
- Chairman for Combustion Institute (India Section) and Life Member of Combustion
- Life Member of Instrumentation Society of India
- Life Member of The Indian Science Congress Association
- Fellow of Andhra Pradesh Academi of Sciences
- Fellow of Systems Society of India
- Fellow of Society for Shock Wave Research (India)
- Member of Institute of Smart Structures & Systems
Honoris Causa was conferred upon him by more than 18 Universities including Andhra University (Visakhapatnam), NIT Surat. He has also authored and presented several papers for at National & International level journals / conferences and guided eight Ph.D Scholars.
Shri Saraswat presently is the Member NITI Aayog and shouldering many honorary positions in Government and Academic Institutions.
Dr. Karl Vrancken
senior research manager
sustainable materials management at VITO.
tel. +32 14 33 58 92
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Karl Vrancken (°1969), is senior research manager sustainable materials management at VITO. He has a part-time assignment as professor at the University of Antwerp (Dept. Bio-engineering), where he teaches sustainable resources management. After an education as a Doctor in Chemistry (University of Antwerp, 1995), he worked as a training and development manager in the environmental engineering industry. He has broad experience as a researcher and project manager in projects on waste management and treatment, secondary raw materials, best available techniques (BAT) and integrated pollution prevention and control. He worked as a Detached National Expert with the European IPPC Bureau in Seville (Spain), where he was the author of the BREF (BAT Reference Document) for the Foundries sector. Karl is vice-chairman of the board of PlanC, the Flemish transition arena on sustainable materials management.
Karl has been heading a multidisciplinary research team on sustainability assessment and transition, first as a manager, later as research coordinator. He is a working group member in the European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials (DG ENT) and consortium chairman of the EEA European Topic Centre on Waste and Materials for a Green. In the first half of 2015 he was seconded to start up the knowledge and innovation community (KIC) EIT Raw Materials, as interim Chief Operations Officer (iCOO).
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Andreas Hornung
Leiter Institutsteil Sulzbach-Rosenberg, Fraunhofer-Institut für Umwelt-, Sicherheits- und Energietechnik UMSICHT Director Institute Branch Sulzbach-Rosenberg
Phone + 49 9661 908-403
Fax +49 9661 908-401
- Since 01/2013 : Fraunhofer Institute for Environmental, Safety, and Energy Technology UMSICHT; Director of the institute branch Sulzbach-Rosenberg
- Since 06/2015 : Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg Professor in High Temperature Process Technologies
- Since 04/2014 : University of Birmingham Chair in Bioenergy
- Since 01/2014 : University of Bologna Adjunct Professor
- 2013 - 2014 : Member of the board of the International Biochar Initiative IBI
- 2008 - 2013 : European Bioenergy Research Institute (EBRI) Founder and director
- 2007 - 2014 : Aston University/UK Chair in Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry
- 2002 - 2007 : Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH ITC-TAB Department Pyrolysis/Gas Treatment
- 2001 : Sea Marconi Technologies, Italy Engineering
- 2000 - 2001 : AHT Austria Engineering
- 1996 - 2000 : University of Karlsruhe (TH), Chemische Technik Department Pyrolysis
- 1991 - 1997 : TU Kaiserslautern Graduate research assistant leading to the Dr. rer. nat.
- 1985 - 1991 : TH Darmstadt Graduate research assistant leading to the Dipl.-Ing., Engineer in Chemistry